Sunday, January 23, 2011

WOW!

Has it really been 2 months since my last post? For all you faithful followers, I'm sorry for abandoning my post (pun intended). The Holidays and then James' National Sales Mtg left me too tired and busy to take time to reflect on life.

Having said that, I'm happy to report that all Norm's hard work has paid-off and the mtg was an "EPIC" success. James is still basking in the glow of congratulatory emails...and I am basking in the glow of the recent return to normal. Although there was nothing "normal" about this weekend. James surprised me with a fantastic date night (on his allowance) to a great steakhouse where I drank too much wine and ate too much food. (Thank you Tim and Melissa for taking care of the girls on such short notice).

Steak dinner aside, I believe my favorite part of the weekend was Friday night when Norm and I woke up at 1:30am to Lucy crying out for Mommy...not her normal sleepy noises but a real cry. Low-and-behold, Lucy threw-up all over herself and her bed (joy). After hosing her off in the shower I laid her next to daddy in our bed. As I was returning with her diaper I hear her announce, "I Pee"....really? Really? Really. I can't think of anything more fun than trying to clean-up puke-filled sheets while dry heaving into the laundry basket and then scrubbing our mattress because I didn't have the forethought to purchase a water-proof mattress pad for our bed. Oh yeah, and all at 2:00am. Who needs a good nights sleep anyways?

Well, if you've gotten this far than hats-off to you. I would have bailed at throw-up but I appreciate your tenacity and time.

Back-of-the-envelope update: Lucy is doing great. She seems to have hit a really nice stride right now with a lot more hugs and kisses and a lot less whining and temper-tantrums. A real joy to be around these days. Greta gets bigger and stronger every day. She is pulling herself up on anything that stands still and crawls as fast as her little peg-leg will take her to keep up with Lucy. Her new favorite foods include Chef Boyardee ravioli and hot dogs! Dinner of champions.

PS: New Years Resolution - Read the bible. Status: Page 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment