Monday, April 12, 2010

SLEEP DEPRIVATION TURNS HAPPY MAMA INTO A CRAZED LUNATIC!

Week 36-Day 1: All hope is lost!
I am never going to sleep again. I am never going to be normal again.

Week 36-Day 2: Hope has been restored!
The doctor says I'm 2 centimeters dialated. Operation "Baby Out" has begun. Have high hopes that baby will be born today.

Week 36-Day 3: Still holding out hope...
Operation "Baby Out" is proving to be more challenging than originally planned. Exhaustion and sleep deprivation have slowed down walks.

Week 36-Day 4: Hope SUCKS!
Still Pregnant. Had a small crisis as none of my pregnancy clothes fit anymore. Hoping I get a good nights sleep tonight so Operation "Baby Out" can resume.

Week 36-Day 5: Hope has left the building...
Operation "Baby Out" has been aborted until further notice and has been replaced by Operation "Kill Norm". Only 3 hours of sleep last night. Continue to verbally abuse husband as this is entirely his fault. Would walk to pharmacy to buy lifetime supply of condoms if I wasn't so darn tired. Instead, will lay on couch and eat mint brownies and potato chips to drown my sorrows. Vow not to share delicious snacks with anyone.

Week 36-Day 6: Glimmer of hope!
Slept 6 hours last night and only got up 4 times to pee. Have aborted Operation "Kill Norm" as I can't remember why this began in the first place. Considered wearing sweatpants to work but settled on cotton hammer pants and flip-flops. Only two days till my next doctors appointment where Operation "Baby Out" will resume with vigor!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha......funny post my dear. I'm right there with you on so many accounts. Dang hands are numb while I sleep which is so uncomfortable, I average about 7 bathroom trips a night and none of my clothes anymore either-I wore something straight up rediculous on Saturday and didn't care a bit because it was comfortable and it actually somewhat fit! Praying for progress at your Dr's appt..keep us updated! You're SOOO close!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny and I love you. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete